List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    koproperty
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-10 7:32:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I'm really pleased we are having one coding style for the majority of code
in koffice-libs and various applications.
Makes fixing bugs and reading code a lot easier.

I ran into another point this morning that I'd like to find a solution to.
In all of koffice libs we decided long ago to
* have one class per file (see libs/NAMING)
* have CamelCase filenames following the class name
* have a prefix for each classname to be "Ko"
* do not use namespaces.

There are various reasons for this, the most important one is consistency.
Its so easy for people using rules that their learned rules work in all
places in koffice.

I see that the koproperty (1 & 2) libraries break all the above rules, which
confuses people that thought all of koffice had one rule :)

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
--
Thomas Zander