List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Krazy fixes
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-10 7:17:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 10. September 2008 00:27:20 Florian wrote:
> Hello everyone, hello Cyrille,
>
> Am Dienstag 09 September 2008 08:47:57 schrieb Cyrille Berger:
> > On Tuesday 09 September 2008, Florian wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > I had some spare time this evening and prepared some patches
> > > containing krazy fixes. The changes in the three patches are
> > > restricted to the libs directory. It would be nice if the persons
> > > responsible for the koffice libs could give their blessings for these
> > > patches.
> >
> > There isn't really such a person ;) The patches sounds pretty harmless,
> > so go ahead.
>
> I'm just asking because last time I fixed some spelling mistakes in
> comments, which I thought was pretty harmless, and only then did I find
> out, that I accidentally 'fixed' third party code, which is not a good
> idea. So this time I decided to ask before I commit any patches, even
> when they seem to be trivial.

Thanks for asking,
When Cyrille wrote there is nobody responsible for koffice libs, he meant to
say that there is not one person, but instead there are various people that
care for and maintain koffice libs.
I'm one of them :)

> By the way: What is the prefered way in KOffice to name source files? Is
> it KoClass.h or koclass.h?

All of KOffice libs uses KoClass.h as its filenames. I'm not sure how we got
the koproperty libraries in there without the proper capitalization, I
still meant to ask Jaroslaw about that lib (since he added it).

> And does Koffice provide convenience headers,
> so I can simply #include <KoClass> when I'm using a class from KOffice.

No, KOffice does not do supply this standard.  If you look into the
libs/NAMING file you'll note out standard.
It also says that we aim to have one class per file so you can just include
the classname with the .h extention and have practically the same result.

--
Thomas Zander