List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: please svn up eigen2
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-09-04 2:52:40

Benoît Jacob wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2008 00:41:44 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> /usr/local/src/kde/svn/trunk/koffice/krita/image/kis_perspective_math.h:31:
>> error: expected initializer before �<� token
>>
>> Maybe you missed a spot?
>
> I don't understand: the line here is just a typedef to Hyperplane, it doesn't
> seem to be affected by any recent changes in Eigen since I wrote this e-mail.
>
> But, the Hyperplane class was introduced by the time I sent this e-mail.
>
> So the most probable thing is that you were compiling against an old eigen2?
> Old as in older than my e-mail.

Shouldn't be, first thing I did when I noticed the problem was
eigen-related was rebuild+reinstall eigen2.

Hmm, I think I see what's happening, it's insisting on looking for
headers in Eigen, not eigen2 (I just nuked all the installed eigen
headers). Let's see if nuking the koffice build dir fixes it...

>> Also, please consider fixing the 'suggest parentheses around && and ||'
>> warnings in eigen2. Fixing warnings in general is of course good, but
>> I'm especially paranoid of that one, having just recently been nailed by
>> a SEGV in cmake due to ignoring that warning where ()'s were clearly
>> missing. :-)
>
> I know, but this warning is only with gcc 4.3 and I think Gael is using 4.2,
> that's why you see it from time to time in eigen. When I build the unit-tests
> again, I fix those warnings.

Ok :-).

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file for this machine not set up yet