List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New maintainer for KChart
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-09-03 9:00:45

On Tuesday 02 September 2008, Inge Wallin wrote:
> 1. I don't think we can press the "most comprehensive" point for 2.0.
> First, many of the applications in KOffice 1.6 won't be released with 2.0
> but instead 2.1. Second, I actually counted the components in MS Office and
> they have more.  If we include the apps of kdepim (kontact), then we are at
> the top again.  We could make a case that we should because outlook is part
> of MSO, but right now the statement above is just not true.

Agreed. That said this is a way to emphasie the fact that we have Productivity
applications and Creative applications.

> 2. Clean source code is indeed a strong selling point, but not to the end
> users. It is indeed easy to tailor to specific use-cases and this is where
> KOffice will shine very much eventually.  This should be a strong point in
> our long-term message.
Don't forget that we want to market 2._0_ to developers as much as to users.

> 6. The website.
> Our message needs to be enhanced by a good web site. I read on the devel
> list that somebody wanted to fix it, but I haven't seen so much outcome of
> that (yet?).

See http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=122023158913619&w=2 (for the
reason why no progress have happen) and
http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=121043306811071&w=2 (for the original