List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: merge pagestyle changes back to trunk
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2008-08-12 22:32:54

On Tuesday 12 August 2008, Pierre wrote:
> > Still doesn't compile for me; did you try with a clean install dir?
> >
> > Scanning dependencies of target KWordTestBasicLayout
> > [ 93%] Building CXX object
> > kword/part/frames/tests/CMakeFiles/KWordTestBasicLayout.dir/TestBasicLayo
> >ut .o In file included from
> > /home/zander/work/kde/koffice/kword/part/KWDocument.h:28, from
> > /home/zander/work/kde/koffice/kword/part/frames/tests/TestBasicLayout.cpp
> >:1 0:
> > /home/zander/work/kde/koffice/kword/part/KWApplicationConfig.h:22:24:
> > error: KoZoomMode.h: No such file or directory In file included from

hmmm... kword/part/CMakeLists.txt does contain
include_directories(... ${KOGUIUTILS_INCLUDES} ...)

does in KWApplicationConfig.h changing the
#include <KoZoomMode.h>
#include "KoZoomMode.h"
fix it (though if it does then I seem to miss why :)

> You must make sure you called make in the libs folder first. This is part
> of the Sebastian changes of yesterday evening...

nope, it's a general prob we have also in trunk but there it works cause we
don't include some installed header that includes koguiutils_export.h ;)

> > To answer if you can integrate while the test fails;  well, I'm thinking
> > the main reason we have unit tests is to make sure we don't have
> > regressions.
>
> The problem is just that tests are wrong, and must be rewritten. They rely
> on things that don't exist anymore.

y. but I guess the point was that before things got tested while now we depend
on the case that we discovered all probs by hand. So, it would make sense to
get the whole logic auto-tested again sooner or later (better sooner aka
before release :)

> > Ignoring a test if it fails should be something that feels
> > very wrong to all of us, so please do make sure all relevant tests pass,
> > there is no problem with waiting a couple more days with the integration,
> > right?
>
> The test is failing because it's outdated, I know it can give bad feelings
> but I don't see why it should delay the branch merge. And waiting for the
> merge is just making it harder for me to work on other parts of KWord (I
> don't want to maintain & recompile two koffice checkouts at the same time,
> it's gonna create problems).

true too. but some additional days where we try to get the unittests working
again don't really hurt, or? well, at least it would guarantee that we try to
get them fixed asap to finally get right of the branch ;) The advantage I see
here would be, that we can be more sure the possibility for new probs is a
bit more minimized.