List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KDE 4.1
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-07-29 20:38:24

Hello,

Since KDE 4.1 has been released, I don't think there is, anymore, a valid
reason for not allowing to depend on new 4.1 features. That said, if someone
intend to use such a new feature, it would be nice to inform the list before,
so that people who still use kdelibs 4.0 have a little time to upgrade (even
if I urge them to do so ASAP), and also adjust the CMakeLists.txt to specify
the requirement of 4.1.

About cmake, while kde/trunk is moving to a strict 2.6.0 requirement, since
4.1 is still allowing 2.4.x, unless there is a good reason, I think we should
keep 2.4.x as the minimal requirement for the time beeing.

--
Cyrille Berger