List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Gradients and autoforms
From:       Jan Hambrecht <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-07-21 10:44:14

Carlos Licea wrote:
> El Sunday 20 July 2008 04:31:29 jaham escribió:
>> Can you please describe what you perceive as being the incorrect behaviour
>> of the gradient import?
> Sure, the tag look like this:
> <draw:gradient draw:name="gr10" draw:angle="0" draw:border="0%" draw:cx="50%"
> draw:cy="50%" draw:end-color="#77ff89" draw:end-intensity="100%"
> draw:start-color="#3100b6" draw:start-intensity="100%" draw:style="linear"/>
> In OOo and KOffice1.6 the gradient look like a blue the top of the page to
> green in the bottom, but "slowly" i mean it's _gradually_. While in
> KPresenter2.0 it's blue then very fast gets to green and stays there. Perhaps
> you should try opening the files i attached in my last mail to get a clearer
> view, as I said test.odp is what we export with the filter and
> test-manual.odp is the one exported by 1.6 . If you cannot for any reason
> open them tell me and I'll send you some pictures.
>> Please note that there are some known problems with OOo's gradient handling
>> as documented in
>> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=KOffice2/ODF_Problems.
>>
> Yea I discovered that OO tends to be the IE of the ODF, either that or there's
> ambiguity, I hope that at least the ambiguity gets fixed in ODF1.2 or later.
> Carlos

There is a lot of ambiguity. You can read the section about
draw:gradient just for the fun of it and then tell me how exactly this
given linear gradient should be rendered. I am sure we have still bugs
in the draw:gradient import but how should i know the exact behaviour.
And just looking at OOo is something I don't want to have as the only
source of information, as they often have a very arkward way of
interpreting the ODF spec. I just opened the odp files here at work with
OOo 2.3.0 and the gradient is kind of yellow on the top, and green at
the bottom. So much for consistent behaviour.  :-)
I will take a deeper look in the evening back home.

Ciao Jan