List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Soft freeze, and what's next !
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-07-16 9:40:59

Hello,

We are now in soft freeze for the release of KOffice 2.0. Which means that new
features that aren't listed in [1] cannot be added before 2.1.

The next logical step is to define a date for the hard freeze (a.k.a no new
features), which would correspond roughly to the first beta. Hard freeze
doesn't mean the features and programs have to be perfect, after Hard freeze
there are still at least two monthes of intensive bug fixing (depending on
the number of betas/RCs).

I propose to give us two monthes to finish things, and set a Hard freeze date
to September, 16 2008. What do you think ?

[1] http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KOffice/2.0/Feature_Plan

--
Cyrille Berger