List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: unit tests.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-07-15 10:15:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 15. July 2008 10:52:54 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Looks like "TestColorConversionSystem.cpp" "testGoodConnections" can only
> > pass if you have OpenCTL. That said, it's not a mandatory test to pass,
> > it's only a "it is nice to pass this test", not sure how to handle this ?
>
> I should check, but I thought that these tests were still failing for me
> and I'm using your openctl packages. I think the tests should still pass
> if there's no openctl, though, because if they keep failing, we will never
> catch regressions in the non-openctl scenario. Can't we code around this
> problem somehow?

The ideal case is that we don't have any test failures *at all*. For the
simple reason that we want any test failure to be a red flag.  Something went
wrong, lets fix it.

So, in this case we could very well just use ifdefs to just xfail the test, or
simply not compile the relevant test at all.

In other words; I agree with Boud. " Can't we code around this problem
somehow?"
--
Thomas Zander