List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: paragraph tool
From:       Florian Merz <FlorianMerz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-07-03 16:15:20

Am Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2008 schrieb André Somers:
> Sounds like a plea for a WordPerfect-like "underwater view" :-)

Never heard about that and google doesn't help either. Would you mind to
explain it a bit more?

> Seriously: it is what I still miss most in Word (which I am most often
> forced to use, unfortunately). It would perhaps help if you could make
> formatting changes to headings and the likes directly in the "normal"
> view, but instead of letting these formatting changes by default override
> those of the style, give the style a property that tells you if these
> changes by default go into the style itself or will override the style.
> For heading styles and the like, the default for this would be
> "Formatting changes are applied to the style", while for normal text
> styles it would be "Formatting changes override the style". Not sure if
> such a thing would cause frustration or if it would work nicely, that's
> what usability experts are for, right? ;-)

I've been meaning to implement something similar with my tool. The button is
already there, but it doesn't work right now. This is how it is supposed to
work:

You select the paragraph of text. The tools options docker tells you it's
a "Header 1" and it provides a checkbox which says "Apply to all paragraphs
of this style". If you select the checkbox the changes will be applied to
the style "Header 1" and therefore to all paragraphs with this style. If
you deselect the checkbox the changes will be applied to the selected
paragraph.

Did i understand you correctly that this is what you would like to have?

Greetings,
 Florian