List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: paragraph tool
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2008-07-03 13:02:48

On Thursday 03 July 2008 14:50:52 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 3. July 2008 13:41:06 C. Boemann wrote:
> > Hi Florian and all
> >
> > I've bee working on the text tool dockers too. As you might have noticed
> > I've committed code that allows more than one option docker per tool,
>
> Yeah, I've been meaning to ask why you think that's a good idea.
> Specifically since we already discussed this and everyone on #koffice
> disagreed that it would be useful.  So why did you commit anyway, did
you
> make a big change since?
Actually I've discussed this with several people on #koffice and they agreed
on the concept.

> > Locally I've used that to put the current tabs of the text tool into
> > separate dockers. Well not quite, as I now only have a character docker
> > and a paragraph docker. The style lists are incorporated in these two
> > dockers.
>
> Separate from that, some other devs have been working on fixing some
issues
> with the same docker, based on the same IRC discussions :)
No, i've talked to Aron Stansvik, and he hasn't worked on it, so was just
taking over :)

> > Your tool could fit it in nicely with this, however there is one thing I
> > don't agree with.
>
> Its a different tool, not a different tool-options tab on the default text
> tool.  So I don't really see your point...
The point is that we don't want to duplicate stuff in several place, so that
was why i said it'll fit in nicely.

Thank you for committing it

best regards
Casper