List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2008-06-22 5:12:09

Hello,

On Friday 20 June 2008, Thomas Zander wrote:
> SVN commit 822543 by zander:
>
> The toolbox is something I initially based on some hacks in Qt3, but those
> didn't really seem to work the same in Qt4 leading to rather a broken
> toolbox. The correct solution was to write my own layout manager so I did.
> The layout now is heightForWidth() capable, but QDockWidget does not yet
> support that.  I hope to change that in the future to have even better
> usability for the toolbox.
> A huge advantage of this toolbox is that the 2-columns concept is no longer
> hardcoded. The layout is much more dynamic.

nice commit. There is one think I find a bit irritating. Depending on how wide
your toolbar is the dynamic tools get either shown below or right of the
fixed tools. For me this feels a bit strange. I would prefere if the dynamic
tools would always be below the fixes ones. What is your opinion?

Thorsten