List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Initial docker layout (was: Re: new layout of koffice apps)
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-21 19:34:43

Hi,

Am Samstag, 21. Juni 2008, um 13:52 Uhr, schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Saturday 21. June 2008 12:19:05 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Personally, I still that docker state ought to be descibed by kxmlgui,
> > but I have so much half-done features to finish and bugs to fix that I'm
> > satisfied with this solution.
>
> Right, I understand now. I even think you explained it to me before, sorry
> for asking again.
> I agree, its a suboptimal solution, but it works good enough for now.
> After 2.0 I think its something we should try to solve in kofficelibs or
> even further up the stack.

Even further in the stack, please please.
I have the same problem in Okteta: it has five quite large dockers, so on
first startup the mainwindow gets way too large (already got a bug report
about this). So if you go to file this as a bug/wish in the Qt reportsystem
or even take on your own agenda you would do perhaps even more people a big
favour :)

It had been thinking about a hack like Boudewijn did for Krita, good to see
that there is already code I could borrow :)

Cheers
Friedrich