List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Last call for ODF 1.2 Proposals
From:       jaham <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-05-21 19:32:51

On Monday 19 May 2008 18:19:09 David Faure wrote:
> Please email me any requests you might have for ODF-1.2.
>
> The only open item I have right now is the use of named character styles in
> named paragraph styles
> (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200804/msg00000.html) (I
> forgot who requested that).

> Subject: Last call for ODF 1.2 Proposals
> Date: Monday 19 May 2008
> From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
> To: David Faure <faure@kde.org>
>
> Hi David,
>
> The TC gave me the action item to write you and to make you aware that we
> are close to "feature freeze" for ODF 1.2, and that when that occurs it
> will be difficult to get new features into the specification.  So if there
> are any additional things you need for KOffice, please bring them up on
> the list soon.
>
> In particular, note that our Action Items wiki page lists the status of
> various ODF 1.2 proposals:
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument_v1.2_Action_Items
>
> Your "user-defined character and paragraph styles" proposal (
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200804/msg00000.html) has not
> advanced without your participation.  So if you are still interested in
> pursuing that, now is the time to push it.
>
> Please pass this information on to whoever else involved in KOffice might
> have a last-minute proposal for ODF 1.2.

There are two more things from our ODF feedback wiki page
(http://wikikoffice.immersi.com/index.php?title=Odf_Feedback):

1. Line cap stroke property
Thomas already sent a proposal to the list (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200708/msg00122.html), but i am
not sure if it was accepted yet.

2. Miter limit stroke property
This should match the definition in svg (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/painting.html#StrokeProperties)

Ciao Jan