List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: time to move on to qt44
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-13 15:57:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 13. May 2008 17:29:43 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > That said, I am for requiring 4.4 too. There are lots of features in Qt
> > 4.4 that is required for reasonable ODF text support. Also, some of the
> > ODF features I am adding, already require 4.5 (I have sent patches for
> > Qt to Thomas).
>
> Ouch! Somehow I seem to remember that the Qt3 series was really usable much
> earlier :-(

Thats just because david forked the qt3-richtext engine into koffice and
started improving that one.  What david did was pretty smart way to make sure
KOffice got to move forward without Qt holding it back.  I think that KOffice
is better equipped to avoid such stuff with me at TT and TT thinking KOffice
is really interresting (are these two the same?;)

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander