List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug: Line width in paragraphs which belong to a list
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2008-03-08 18:58:20

On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Florian Merz wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Florian :)

> when I tried to make my spacing tool aware of lists I noticed, that there
> seems to be a bug in the text layouting code (svn trunk from about a week
> ago):
>
> To reproduce it create a paragraph and fill at least two lines completely
> up to the right border ("a b c d e f g h ..." works fine). Then turn this
> paragraph into a list. The first line will be layed out properly, but the
> second line is too wide. It seems like the calculation of the non-first
> lines doesn't take counter width and/or counter spacing into account.

y, I can reproduce it :-/ Probably create a bugreport for it, so that we don't
forget about that issue?

> I also have a question on a different matter:
> Is there a signal, which gets emitted when a relayout of the text has been
> done?
> Right now I call the layout() function of the KoTextDocumentLayout myself,
> but I'm afraid this might block the user interace on bigger paragraphs, and
> this also causes the layout not to flow around other shapes. So I'd rather
> let the text engine do the layouting and get a notice when the results are
> in.
> I know there is an update() signal defined in QAbstractTextDocumentLayout,
> and it is emitted in QTextDocumentLayout, but grepping KoTextDocumentLayout
> revealed that it never gets emitted in the KoOffice implementation.

Well,
bool KWDocument::loadOdf( KoOdfReadStore & odfStore )
does call
endOfLoading();
once the document got loaded and then in
void KWDocument::endOfLoading()
emit sigProgress(-1);
is done.

So, probably catch that signal? Though I am not sure if that's a good idea
since after it got emitted there are still some thing done like e.g.
firePageSetupChanged();

Maybe if would be an idea to add an additional signal. Where exactly would you
need it? So, at KWord/KWDocument or within kotext or...?