List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Bug: Line width in paragraphs which belong to a list
From:       Florian Merz <FlorianMerz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-03-05 12:28:39

Hi,

when I tried to make my spacing tool aware of lists I noticed, that there
seems to be a bug in the text layouting code (svn trunk from about a week
ago):

To reproduce it create a paragraph and fill at least two lines completely up
to the right border ("a b c d e f g h ..." works fine). Then turn this
paragraph into a list. The first line will be layed out properly, but the
second line is too wide. It seems like the calculation of the non-first
lines doesn't take counter width and/or counter spacing into account.

I also have a question on a different matter:
Is there a signal, which gets emitted when a relayout of the text has been
done?
Right now I call the layout() function of the KoTextDocumentLayout myself,
but I'm afraid this might block the user interace on bigger paragraphs, and
this also causes the layout not to flow around other shapes. So I'd rather
let the text engine do the layouting and get a notice when the results are
in.
I know there is an update() signal defined in QAbstractTextDocumentLayout,
and it is emitted in QTextDocumentLayout, but grepping KoTextDocumentLayout
revealed that it never gets emitted in the KoOffice implementation.

Greetings,
 Florian