List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord for 2.0
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-02-19 23:13:08

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Pierre wrote:
> But for the unit tests, it could be interesting to use the ODF test
> suite, but I have no idea
> about how to check the results...

You might be able to compare the result. It's probably a little more difficult
with KWord than for Krita, but for unit testing our import filters, what I
did is basically, load a file, and then save it, and compare the image I now
get, to a copy I have on my hard drive. The problem with KWord is that font
rendering might depend on the settings of the computer :/ But maybe you can
load an odf file, and then save it, and compare the resulting files. I guess
there might be two ways of saving the same file, but well. Just wide ideas.
An other solution is to save the rendering to PDF, and possibely using
poppler compare the version currently produced by kword, with one saved on
the hard drive.

--
Cyrille Berger