List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord for 2.0
From:       Pierre <pinaraf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-19 22:49:24

On Feb 19, 2008 11:38 PM, Sebastian Sauer <mail@dipe.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Robert Knight wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > > What needs to really be fixed/implemented/altered for KWord to be
> > > included in the 2.0 release.
>
> There is imho one big showstopper;
>
> Everything OpenDocument we are able to load now, needs to be saved back the
> same way it got displayed.
>
> I don't talk here about supporting all the OpenDoc styles/toc/nested
> tables/etc. yet, since imho we could count this as advanced features. But we
> need to be sure, that all the basic functionality like underline, margins,
> etc. we are able to load now are also saved back correct.
>
> You once suggested here unittests and I even agree now more then before since
> this is really the basic functionality that just needs to work correct.
>
> Well, if you ask for someone who has experience with this, knows the code
> pretty well, is productive and provides good results; it's Pierre! :)
I hope to be fully functionnal again in one or two weeks. Currently,
I'm facing some health
problems (that's why I cancelled my talk at FOSDEM), but I really want
to help for KWord 2.
The problem for OpenDocument is about testing real things. In
september I was reaching
quite good results, but the recent refactoring broke quite a lot of things...
Thanks to a blog post, I gathered a lot of real world documents,
showing interesting bugs
from Abiword or old OpenOffice pre-2.0 release...
But for the unit tests, it could be interesting to use the ODF test
suite, but I have no idea
about how to check the results... Compare the QTextDocument structure
? I fear it's gonna
be a lot of work...