List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord for 2.0
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2008-02-19 22:38:15

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Robert Knight wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> > What needs to really be fixed/implemented/altered for KWord to be
> > included in the 2.0 release.

There is imho one big showstopper;

Everything OpenDocument we are able to load now, needs to be saved back the
same way it got displayed.

I don't talk here about supporting all the OpenDoc styles/toc/nested
tables/etc. yet, since imho we could count this as advanced features. But we
need to be sure, that all the basic functionality like underline, margins,
etc. we are able to load now are also saved back correct.

You once suggested here unittests and I even agree now more then before since
this is really the basic functionality that just needs to work correct.

Well, if you ask for someone who has experience with this, knows the code
pretty well, is productive and provides good results; it's Pierre! :)