List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.0 proposal
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2008-02-11 13:23:01

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 11 February 2008, C. Boemann wrote:
>> I'm not going to tell you what waiting another year will do for dev
>> morale,
>> and it certainly wont bring in new devs.
> And I'm not going to tell you what waiting another year will do for my
> morale
> to wait Krita to be released.
Great so you understand the part about morale being important

>> So people, once again, please let us focus 50% of our hacking time on
>> kspread, kpresenter and kchart that are needed to call it koffice. You
>> are
>> all free to use the remaining 50% on your pet app and if they happen to
>> be
>> releasable well then they will certainly get in.
> May I remind you that I am not payed for the code I produce for
> KOffice/Krita,
> that means I choose how I spend my *spare* time.
I'm sure I said that in my mail too, so no need to spit at me.

> For me, a non-release of Krita in 2.0 is a big disappointement, especially
> considering all the time I have spent since december to fix a lot of
> issues
> (ranging from canvas, to algorithms...).
Unfortunately you don't get it that by refusing to participate you are in
fact prolonging the release of krita.
All you achieve is that you will be alone on krita, because now boud will
have to do more work on kpresenter. A good thing that you have gotten so
much experience in all parts of krita. Let's just hope that you won't need
assistance from boud on stuff he hasn't got time to help you with.

really 3+3 months until 2.1 with krita is still less than 12 months until
2.0 with krita

But I'm not going to try to force you. You are not paid so if you would
rather have it take 4+3 months because you don't help out then that is your
choice.

(the number of months might be wrong but the overall calculation is not)

best regards
Casper