List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.0 proposal
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-02-11 9:48:39

On Monday 11 February 2008, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> I also hope that krita can make it as it is the app which has the most
> focus from the users and might have the biggest user group out there from
> all koffice applications.

And I also believe Krita isn't far to be in a release-state. Our algorithms
are working (tools, painting operations, filters) and nearly-ready. What
isn't ready is the layer stack, and I suspect that the problem comes more
from the UI (at least to get a basic layer stack with layer + group of
layer), as I was capable to generate by hand more complex OpenRaster files
and krita was able to open them without any problem.

There is no need to have all the features we want in 2.0, we still have plenty
of time later to keep adding them.

--
Cyrille Berger