List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOfficeSource and KOffice
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbr () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2008-01-14 8:48:20

> So, *IN YOUR PERSONAL OPINION*:
>
> * Should the KDE e.V be allowed to sublicense the KOffice trademark to
> anybody to use? Under which general conditions?
No I don'tthink they should. Rather I think they should protect the name
from anybody using it.

> * Should KOfficeSource GmbH in particular be allowed to use the
> wordmark "KOffice" in their (our) name?  Under which particular conditions
> (ownership, board, actions, etc)?
I don't much like your use of KOffice in combination with Source. To me it
sounds like you claim the ownership of the sourcecode. I know you don't but
I still think the name implies that, so I really have issues with that name.

I think it is ok that you associate yourself with the KOffice name, saying
that you are KOffice developers etc, but more than that I seriously don't
like.

best regards
Casper Boemann