List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: SVG path support
From:       Patrick Durusau <patrick () durusau ! net>
Date:       2007-12-04 16:21:45

Thorsten,

Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
<snip>
> I see that might be a problem due to the formula support for some points. If
> also relative values have to be taken into consideration it makes the
> calculation of the path harder. Now the points can just be calculated when a
> parameter changes without the need to take the previous point into account.
> This is no problem for normal pathes as they are not modified via parameters.
>
> I don't see that we win anything if we also allow relative values.

Ah, ok, now I understand the basis for the original exclusion of
relative coordinates (or at least one possible reason).

What I am missing is why the use of relative coordinates makes the
calculation "harder."

As you have pointed out, ODF already requires full SVG path support, so
excluding relative commands in this particular case creates a special
case that deviates from the norm.

And, note that the only difference between this path expression and the
normal one is that:

1) ? marks a formula name

2) $ marks an integer that indexes draw:modifiers values

Does that help?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--