List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice status survey
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2007-12-04 13:12:50

On Tuesday 04 December 2007 14:06, Inge Wallin wrote:
> Would the maintainers of each component please reply to this mail in the
> mailing list and state here:
>  * which features that are still not implemented, but which you want for
> 2.0? * which features that exist, but are still far from usable?
> You do *not* have to name every feature in the program, and especially not
> those that only have polishing left.

Ok, I'll start myself.  Missing in kchart is:

 - a good data editor (there is a bad one)
 - a number of chart types (difficult to implement since it has to be done in
kdchart)
 - some configuration like text for axes, title/subtitle/footer, etc.
 - much ODF save/load code (some hard work required here)
 - a number of export filters (should be easy to port from the old ones)
 - data import from csv files (should be able to use the import dialog from
kexi)

Of these, the only really critical are the configuration dialogs (tools
windows) and ODF.  Otherwise kchart and the chart shape work pretty well
already.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |