List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Resource data in libs/resources
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-11-27 14:58:46

Hi,

> And there are other libs containing data already, i.e. pigment with some
> solor profiles and kotext with hyphen dictionaries.
> Is there anything we do not think of, that pervents moving the data?

At least for pigment, it's a temporary solution. I do not think that mixing
code and data in the source tree is a good solution.

My personnal preference is to have a koffice/data as a top level directory, I
do think it will help packager that want to have a koffice-data package and
it also feel cleaner. And I also think that we should make koffice depends on
the create package (called create-resources) and stop shipping a copy of it
with our source tree.

> And thinking about it, there comes another move into my mind, As we have a
> plugins directory in koffice and all our shapes are plugins too, wouldn't it
> be logic to move the shapes directory into koffice/plugins?
I also found it more logical :) But never dare to comment on it.

--
Cyrille Berger