List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule
From:       jeff <akousw () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-06 23:10:16

On Tuesday 2007 November 06 16:23:52 John Layt wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2007, jeff wrote:
> > names)KoProductivity(Kword, Kspread, Kpresenter), KoCreativity (the
> > Krita/Karbon team), KoData/reporting (kexi and kugar released together),
>
> Find an -ivity or -bility for kexi/kugar and you could have a Wade-worthy
> slogan there :-)
>
> Productivity, Flexability, Creativity?
>
> ;-)
>
> John.
>
> --

information management: informativity

I would probably do 4 releases:
productivity: the normal 'de-facto office suites, like kspread, kpresenter,
kword, ...
creativity: the drawing apps (possibly including kivio)
informativity: kexi and kugar with the possible ability to read a spreadsheet
(kspread usage) as a database.
manageability: kplato and kivio (project/diagramming/ other project management
apps).

I would then come up with a real name for these groups, and release them as
full suites, of which the full koffice suite is comprised, and I think create
(as I said) a 'workspace' for each, (as, the productivity workspce, the
managability workspace, the informativity workspace, and the creativity
workspace), and then the koffice workspace comprises these workspaces.