List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Berlin Sprint Action List Update
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-06 16:51:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 6. November 2007 15:15:41 Robert Knight wrote:
> > Maybe we should have instructions on getting and using 4.4 on the koffice
> > wiki
>
> That reminds me.  I have KDE (including KOffice) built against Qt 4.3,
> but I also have a checkout of the Qt 4.4 snapshot.
>
> Rather than re-compiling the whole of KDE I would like to just make
> the existing binaries link against the Qt 4.4 libraries at runtime.
> Unfortunately changing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the location of the
> Qt 4.4 libs didn't have the desired effect.  Do you know if it is
> possible to do this?

Unfortunately I don't think you can. its a property of the way things are
compiled in KDE that disallows this.
Its not a Qt thing, the problem is that the full path of the library is in
your compiled binaries.

Technically speaking all you need to do is relink everything, but I'm not sure
how to convince cmake do let you do that.

I personally have 2 build dirs for my kde source tree.  One for the Qt-4.4 and
one for Qt-Copy.  The good thing is that you don't need 2 source trees.
--
Thomas Zander