List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Library for writing ODF files?
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2007-11-02 4:25:16

Hello,

> 	Does Koffice use a library for writing ODF files? If not,
> what does it use to create a zip archive to pack all the ODF's XML
> files? I am trying to add an ODF output for an application that we
>  develop. The application runs on Linux and Windows so I don't
> want to rely on external 'zip' program.
> 	Any suggestions?
> 	Thank You.

KOffice does not yet provide a library to do that. It is however planned to
move the basic odf functionality to a library after koffice 2.0 is released.
Most of the stuff for writing/reading is in

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/libs/store/
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/libs/main/

Hope that helps

Thorsten