List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kamion migration and backup tool
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-01 8:21:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 31 October 2007 22:23:57 Ljubomir Simin wrote:
> Hi, KOffice developers,
> Kamion is written in Qt4 with KDE4 in mind, but
> there are some efforts aiming for desktop independence in the future.

One thing in the kopete example; it uses
prefix="$HOME/.kde/share/config/"

The proper name is $KDEHOME/share/config

I store my settings in $HOME/.kde4/ for instance.

$KDEHOME is not always an environment variable, it can be configured. I
suggest you use the KDE4 framework for that to figure out where things are
actually stored.
Making your app depend on kde4-libs will also mean you can backup from any kio
device. I hope you will keep that even if you want to move to some desktop
independence in the future.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander