List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Meeting decisions
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2007-10-27 15:00:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Here's a short list of decisions we made at the meeting, and where applicable,
the name of the volunteer

Items with a volunteer come first; the rest are possible jobs for the new jobs
webpage.

Assigned action:

* all apps need the style manager, because now everyone crashes when a new
style is added, except KWord. It is a document-wide resource, so
KoCanvasResourceProvider is not the right place. Maybe KoDocument?
* Put raise, lower and similar things in the default tool's option widget
(hubipete working on this)
* Write a style guide for menu, toolbar, toolbox, statusbar, docker, color
scheme (oxygen) and similar (boud)
* KFormula: hubipete will implement the basics, leaving matrices for now and
then start helping Zagge with KPresenter and Kivio (hubipete)
* Put the active shape option page in its own docker instead of a tab in the
tool option widget (boud, jaham)
* Extend KoShapeApplicationData with a getMetaOdf(QList<KoShape*>) method that
will return the metadata for the given shapes that is not contained in the
shape (like animation order for KPresenter) (Zagge)
* move the stroke docker to plugins (jaham)
* unify the terminology and layout of the krita and karbon gradient tool
widgets. Krita's gradient selector will be moved to a tab in the gradient
tool widget, unify the tool button, so there's only one gradient button, that
starts the right tool for the right shape, move the karbon gradient resource
server into a plugin so all of koffice can use it. (slangkamp, jaham)
* Unify the kspread and kexi cvs dialog (jstaniek, ingwa)
* Implement the document section view in KPresenter (boud, zagge)
* Make connections a subclass of the path shape (boud, zagge, jaham)
* Investigate plasma's data provider to see whether they can replace the
kchart interface class. (ingwa, dipesh)
* Re-instate junior jobs (ingwa, boud)

Unassigned action:

* Implement the document section view in Kivio, KSpread and KWord
* Investigate how many implemantions of type-guessing code we have
* Kexi should have an option to make it L&F compatible with KOffice again
* Collapsing dockers by double-clicking the title bar would be cool (add a
custom widget using QDockWidget::setTitleBarWidget that when clicked hides
the dock's widget page.
* Fix the shape selector to work with templates
* Shadows around the page: someone needs to fix the bugs and implement a nice
shadow, then we'll enable it by default again
* The layout of the toolbox is wrong: it's too wide. Why?

No action:

* Tool activation: activating the main tool for a shape with double click is
ok. We keep this interaction the way it is now.
* Property sheet widget that shows the properties of a shape as key-value
pairs (after 2.0)

Call for Action:

* Remove your dead code!
--