List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs/main
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-27 12:19:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 27 October 2007 12:38:59 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > So why give up now?
>
> For me it's simple, so not it's not a give up, now it's vote time:

Hmm, voting if we want to keep binary compatibility in 2.0...
<sarcasm>Maybe we should vote on who would make all the classes have
d-pointers before the release as well.</sarcasm> ;)
This is not about voting to allow you to do fun work, this is about
reality that we simply don't have the time to make our libs ready for
usage outside of KOffice.
And if you insist on placing yourself outside of KOffice then that's your
choice.
I try to help you do what you want, but you are not making it easy for
me :(

> 1) no headers no .so no krita-plugins during 2.0/2.1
> 2) headers, .so and krita-plugins during 2.0/2.1

3) no headers but a plugins release from Cyrille with just a little
cooperation on making it a coordinated effort.
--
Thomas Zander