List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.0 alpha4
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2007-10-04 12:32:09

Onsdag 03 oktober 2007 14:10 skrev Inge Wallin:
> Hi people,
>
> Today KDE 4.0 beta 3, is or will be tagged.  This means that KOffice 2.0
> alpha4 is tagged at the same time.
>
> As usual I'm going to produce some form of release notes. If you want your
> particular component to be mentioned in them I want you to send a reply to
> this mail with a short text about what has changed since KO2.0alpha3. I
> have seen lots of commits all over the place, so I think there are lots of
> things to write about.
KPlato:
I haven't given you much on earlier releases so this should cover all
alphas ;)
* Setting to allow/avoid resource overbooking when scheduling.
* Allow re-scheduling from current situation, taking into account reported
progress and estimated effort needed to complete tasks.
* Using timezones, to allow scheduling resources living in different parts of
the world.
* Added a Schedule Handler view to handle scheduling and analyzes (like
pert/cpm).
* Make editing of project data more efficent by using TreeViews instead of
(only) depending on dialogs.
* Moved editing task dependencies (task links) from gantt view to separate
editor.
* Made it possible for the user to tailor the ui by creating, removing and
configuring views.
* Task status view to show progress.
* Chart to show budgeted- and actual work.
* Milestone model and - gantt view.

(I think only the last point is actually after the last alpha)

--
Mvh
Dag Andersen