List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Embedded documents and shapes
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2007-09-30 14:18:54

I have a question about embedded shapes and documents, in my case charts, but
the question itself is more general.

Currently KSpread embeds a chart inside a <table:shapes> tag, inline in the
document.  KWord embeds the chart inside a <draw:frame>, but also inline.

I'm not sure that either is correct, but a quick scan of the ODF 1.0 standard
didn't give me any conclusive evidence.  Can somebody who is better versed in
the ODF standard show me the chapter and section to look?

And if none of it is correct, we need to implement embedded documents in the
framework to store and load ODF files.  In fact, we need to do that anyway,
since I don't think that OpenOffice.org can read our current files at all.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |