List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Text Tool Plugins
From:       Fredy Yanardi <fyanardi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-28 7:56:27

Hello all,

I'm working on some text-tool plugins (text-editing plugins), but I'm stuck in
some problem regarding the plugin structure and I need help on this.

Basically I think that every plugin should have access to:
1. Configuration widget
2. A way to enable/disable plugin
3. A way to invoke it manually

But I'm confused on how to put those items on application's menu. We can't use
actionCollection() from within the plugins since they are not KParts::Plugin.
Right now to do testing, I just made TextTool to retrieve all actions from
every plugin. This is ugly and I'd like to implement better and saner method.
Should I create something similar to Action Helper to put those 3
requirements to application's menu? (Or maybe one common place to do this,
like plugin manager?)

I'm also thinking of other problems, do all applications want all text-tool
plugins? And if yes, do they also want menus to show plugin configurations in
the main window? For example, do Krita or Karbon want a menu to configure
autocorrection or to enable/disable autocorrection or maybe spellchecking?

One more thing, I'm planning to move all text-tool plugins to
koffice/plugins/text-editing. (since we already have 4 plugins and I think
it's better to move them all to one common place)  Is it ok to do that?

Best Regards,

Fredy