List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New KOffice sprint
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2007-09-25 8:22:12

On Friday 21 September 2007, Inge Wallin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> For some time I have had all the data that I need to announce a new KOffice
> sprint, but real life has left me a bit drained[1] and I haven't had the
> energy to really get going.  Sorry about that.
>
> Anyway, I have talked to KDAB in Berlin, and they are willing to let us use
> their wonderful premises again on the weekend 27th-28th of October. The
> agenda for this KOffice sprint can be discussed, but here is what I think
> is a good idea to talk about and do:

The timing is not optimal but I think I can make it.

Things I would like to discuss:

- How to make background(picture or color) possible for kopageapp with or
without the help of flake
- How to do copy and paste properly. I had a look at this yesterday and the
skeleton that are in place are not enough for kpresenter as e.g. kpresenter
also needs to attach application data (effects) on copying shapes.
- How to integrate the painting of the shapes so that in future it will be
possible in kpresenter to e.g. change the color of a shape in an animation.
- have a common base class for shapes and connections. This would allow to use
a lot of the commands for shapes also for connections and would enable
kpresenter to animate connections.
- discuss which plugins should be moved from different apps to the global
plugin dir so that they are available also when the other apps are not
installed.
- How to use some stuff that is available in karbon also in kopageapp.

> So a quick hands up...  Who can / want to attend and who can and cannot?

would a different date might be possible?

> Left for me to do before this is 100% final is to get a written OK from the
> e.V board that they will cover the costs of travel and lodging.  KDAB will
> once again cover the food costs up to €1000.  Thank you, KDAB!

Thanks Inge for your efforts.

Thorsten