List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs/flake
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-21 11:21:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 07:30:38 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> The problem that kword was crashing is that kword also uses the key
> press event of the left mouse press to open a context menu. This is
> wrong as the path tool no longer receives the mouse release event for
> the mouse press. I tried to fix this yesterday in kword by checking if
> the mouse event was already accepted, but it was not possible to do so
> as all the tools accepted the mouse press by default. So the correct
> solution to the problem is to not accept the left mouse press in all
> the tools that do not use it.

Yes, that sounds like a good solution.

One note; Qt delivers an event to any widget with it already excepted. So
you only ever have to call ignore() (which the default implementation
does).  Also note that this actually is documented in
KoTool::mousePressEvent() ;)
So, the real problem is that there are some tools that actually forget to
call e->ignore().  I fixed the text tool and the vector tool as well as
adjust kword to your suggestion.

I guess we should look for more bugs in the tools.

--
Thomas Zander