List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    dockers
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-16 10:55:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I still have on my TODO list the removal of the buggy
flake/commands/KoShapeRotateCommand which is obsolete since we moved to
using matrixes in KoShape.

The problem is that Kivio has a docker to show shape-properties that uses
it.

This actually shows a bigger problem; applications are not making their
dockers plugins and thus applications start to recreate functionality
that they could trivially use from another application.  This most likely
is due to a lack of coordination and knowledge.

So; I want to make you all aware that everything that you create in your
own application which operates on common infrastructure (like shapes) you
should consider making a plugin.  There is no need to move it out of your
application dir. You can just follow the docs on how to create a plugin,
location in svn is irrelevant.

I don't expect everyone to now rush and do all this work, so I went ahead
and created a wiki page to register all the dockers we have. This way if
you want a certain functionality you know you can work with an already
exisiting piece of code instead of starting from scratch.  Which is
pretty important since I now see that there are 4 classes that aim to
allow the user to position/rotate a shape :(

Please describe your docker (plugin or not) here;
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=KOffice2/Plugins_In_KOffice#Generic_shape_dockers

--
Thomas Zander