List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Icon naming data base
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-26 3:01:22

Hi Stefan,

James's comments reminded me of something I spotted at Akademy after
learning about Qt's paint performance debugging tool.

KSpread (2.0) currently repaints far too many cells when changes are
made in the spreadsheet, including every cell in the entire view when
a single cell's contents change.

To reproduce:

1.  From the terminal, set the QT_FLUSH_PAINT environment variable to
a small non-zero number.  eg:

export QT_FLUSH_PAINT=1

2.  Run kspread 2.0 from the terminal.

3.  Make changes in the spreadsheet.  Scroll around, edit cell
contents etc. and you can see the repainted areas flash yellow.
Increase the value of QT_FLUSH_PAINT and the flashing will last
longer.

Regards,
Robert.