List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Formula Shape - Inferred rows
From:       Martin Pfeiffer <hubipete () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-07-12 17:20:57

> Nothing written about elements allowed to have inferred rows as
> children ? "However, if the number of arguments is 0, or is more than 1,
> they treat their contents as a single inferred mrow"
Wrong!  There is not said that classes have inferred rows as children, but
that they act on their children as if they were an inferred row. It is so
logic: Look at the mstyle or merror element, they are in fact mrows, that
just are allowed to have more attributes or they show their children colored
red or something.... So we don't need code to determine if an element is
allowed to have inferred rows or not. So we just don't need
InferredRowElement class!

> Not really, but I guess we could take a look at kile, abiword, oomath and
> such applications.
Ok perhaps we can also get help from usability experts or so...

> To be fair, I don't really understand why we are investing time in such
> > discussions about rewritting code that already works, for little or no
> gain, when we are so delayed in our release schedule. Thus, I would like to
> end this discussion. If you are really convinced it's going to be a simpler
> and easier to understand and maintain, and you are going to write all of
> it, just do it and commit.
Ok I will write it.