List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bidi
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-07-09 6:53:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 08 July 2007 19:36:34 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> > Actually, I don't want to rely on a plugin for such an essential
> > task. Besides, does the text shape provide vertical text and rotated
> > text in an unrotated rect?
>
> While we are using QTextCursor for it, we depend somewhat on the
> Layout.(h| cpp) code in the shapes/text plugin since basic things like
> underline, link, etc. are handled there.

In the plugin I was forced to reimplement a method from QText to draw the
whole paragraph. The main reason is that we wanted to support
right-aligned tabs.

Looking at the code I notice that we have methods for painting underline /
strike-though. Including some types that are not in QText.
I have not noticed code for links; and when I copied some HTML and pasted
that in KWord I did see a link being drawn without extra code for it.

I'd like to look at the underline/linethrough property setting which
currently doesn't reuse anything from QText to make it reuse as much as
possible but use a different setting for those cases that QText doesn't
support.
This would again mean maximum compatibility.

> So, if to use the textshape is no way to go, then it may an idea to
> think about moving those drawing/layout/render code from the textshape
> to kotext and allow to reuse it there. Not sure if that makes sense at
> all...

I'd really like to avoid that and keep kotext as lean as possible.
--
Thomas Zander