List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bidi
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2007-07-06 2:33:02

Ah, just a bit late I did realize the content of this thread :)

On Tuesday 03 July 2007, Stefan Nikolaus wrote:
> > I think we should have a good look at what kspread needs, I think that a
> > 100 lines of code in kspread will do everything you want on top of the
> > QTextDocument already. Well, thats my first guestimate. And if its
> > correct then I doubt using KoText is a smart thing to do.
> >
> > In KOffice1.x it made sense, but all the nice stuff will be available in
> > plain Qt now.
>
> Aha. OpenDocument support is not, for example. I hoped, KoText would have
> provided that, as it's common for all occurences of text paragraphs.

At the moment the loading code is splitted between kotext and partly KWord.
But it makes sense to try to move as much ODF-related code out of KWord and
put it into kotext and the text-shape itself. I guess something like this is
needed anyway for KPresenter.

I would suggest to use the textshape but I am not sure here if that would
really solve what was requested (so, paint only parts of a document at each
cell? or..?)