List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Flake shape transformations
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-20 19:00:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 20:35:15 jaham wrote:
> I do not see that effect. What i can see here is when transforming a
> selection of more than one object and pressing undo while they are
> still selected, the selection does not update. But that has not worked
> before either. So we need to find a way to get a notification when a
> command was undone, so we can update the selection.

I suggest making the tool listen to the selection changes and doing the
required update calls based on that.
This is very different for each tool, so not something we can make
generic.  For example the default tool now does a shape->repaint() then
selects it and then does another repaint of that shape to make sure the
selection will be properly repainted.
We can change that so that the first repaint is done (to make sure the
currently drawn selection is removed) and we can let the tool listen to
the selection changes so it will redraw the shape after its been
selected.
The gain to move that second repaint is that if someone else alters the
selection we also get notified and can repaint.  For example when undo is
being pressed.

Naturally there is no KoSelection when doing this for a tool like the
pathShape.  It should fix this problem itself based on the tool-selection
(in this case points).
In the text tool I do exactly this, whenever the selection changes the
tool requests a repaint to paint it properly.

> Hmm thinking
> further, haven't we had a discussion on a similar problem regarding a
> selection of path points? Do we have a solution for that?

To summarize; this is something that the path tool should keep track of
and do properly.
--
Thomas Zander