List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [office-comment] Data Type Specification and Conversion
From:       akousw () gmail ! com
Date:       2007-06-08 10:16:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Internet connections aren't always there exaclty.  Especially with a
Linux/UNIX product, it might not be totally there on lower-end laptop
systems.  Like, I prefer to use my Linux laptop, lemore, for all my major
work, but while I'm at home, I can't access the internet from it because I
don't have a serial port, and my internal modem isn't recognized.  The only
internet access I get at home is dial-up.  I could handle it on darkstar,
but not lemore.  So, I might need some kind of feature to let the
conversions not be done until I can get current functions (like I finally
spring for a PC modem, or I go to a public library w/ wireless.)
having an optional hold or contravariance feature would allow me to see my
$1, 2 pounds so until I have the current value or can convert.
I grant, though, that that's probably not the best way to handle it.  The
spreadsheet may be able to convert from a really old function.  But it coul=
also refuse to convert after some time, and produce the button, and some
kind of 'update conversions now' banner.