List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kword slow loading
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-21 8:36:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Yesterday Sebastian noted on IRC that loading of a big (well huge ;)
document was too slow, so I did a callgrind session of loading it.

Here is the result;
http://members.home.nl/zander/kword-load-doc.callgrind.bz2 (1Mb)

Upon browsing the tree I noticed that KoOpenDocumentLoader::loadSpan() was
called about half the amount of times as KoParagraphStyle::loadOasis().
Which seems odd to me, the styles should be loaded from XML exactly one
time each so the latter method should be called at most 20 or 30 times.

I'm no expert at interpreting this data (takes some doc reading which I
was too lazy for) but the above may warrent a little investigation, I
guess ;)
Anyway; hope the above datafile is useful!

ps. I used kcachegrind to parse the above data file (after unpacking it).
--
Thomas Zander