List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Looking ahead for further alpha releases
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-14 14:16:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 14 May 2007 12:01:15 Casper Boemann wrote:
> Now that we are on track to our first alpha release, it's time to start
> thinking about the next alpha releases.

I like to make it clear to all we are heading for a release indeed, and
this helps.
The approach you propose here is a bit arcane IMO. For instance the 4
alphas looks quit odd to my eyes and its also odd to couple them with
milestones _and_ state that apps will be banned from 'our' release
if 'they' fail to live up to your list of milestones.

I get the feeling you are asking people to approve you pressuring them to
code certain features on a timeline.  For some reason I have trouble
thinking you'll get support. ;)

--
Thomas Zander