List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: loading of raw xml
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2007-04-10 7:43:19

Onsdag 04 april 2007 23:40 skrev David Faure:
> On Monday 02 April 2007, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > I don't see why the check for SaveAsDirectoryStore when we are actually
>
> Feel free to remove the "SaveAs" from the name, it's about the file format
> "Directory Store" ;)
Yes, I found that out after more code reading :)
I don't quite understand all use cases, so don't think I will touch any
code...

The reason I got into this is because I try to implement document embedding in
kplato which saves in the "old" format and thus the embedded docs are also
saved in the "old" format. I would have liked the embedded docs to save in
their "preferred" format (as long as it goes into the KoStore), and to load
it again without me needing to detect which format it has been saved in.

So my question is (I think ;) ) Is it possible to implement *one* set of
save/load that saves/loads in the prefferen format? This would mean that when
kplato embeddes eg kword doc, the kword child doc is saved in oasis even if
kplato is old format. And if kplato is embedded in kword, the kplato child
doc is saved in the "old" format within the oasis kword doc.

Would this be possible or is it something in oasis specs that prohibits it?
--
Mvh
Dag Andersen