List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Status and release goals for 2.0 round-up
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2007-03-19 11:40:36

On Monday 19 March 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On the topic of release schedule;  does anyone have a problem with
> > koffice tagging along with the KDE4 beta releases and let them do the
> > packaging for us?
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Schedule
>
> I think that schedule is too optimistic for KOffice -- I've got a gut
> feeling we need at least two months more, up-front.

releasing beta/alpha at the same time than KDE4.0(.0?) betas/alphas is a good
idea I think. I expect at least SuSE and Kubuntu (and maybe others ?) to
offer test packages for those KDE4 release, and I do think that having
KOffice packages at the same time is a good idea. _But_ releasing beta/alpha
with KDE4.0 doesn't mean that we need to release the final version of KOffice
at the same time as KDE4.0. I think it is two different things.

--
Cyrille Berger