List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Status and release goals for 2.0 round-up
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2007-03-19 10:34:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 19 March 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Monday 19 March 2007 10:59, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Well, this list of coarse grained tasks and estimates is my way of
> > contributing to that overview.
>
> I think you are mixing threads as I sense some defensive language. I did
> not mean to say you can't use mails, just that I can't work with TODO lists
> in email. Too many copies (versions) and bookkeeping.

Whatever... If we don't post tasks that still need to be done to the mailing
list they can't be discussed. And until we've got an initial koffice-wide
list done and discussed, it's not time yet to put a release schedule with
milestones and prerequisites on the wiki.

As for mixing threads, I really, really don't care one whit for a
philosophical discusson on the difference between approaches to todo lists.
It doesn't interest me, since I've already got a system that works very well
for a largish team of developers.

> > I don't see how we can define a release
> > schedule without defining a task list. The mailing list is available to
> > everyone, and archived.
>
> And I sent the list.  Sorry it was too big and got stuck in moderation.

Yes, that's great.

> On the topic of release schedule;  does anyone have a problem with koffice
> tagging along with the KDE4 beta releases and let them do the packaging for
> us?
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Schedule

I think that schedule is too optimistic for KOffice -- I've got a gut feeling
we need at least two months more, up-front.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi