List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: gSoC ideas?
From:       Marijn Kruisselbrink <m.kruisselbrink () student ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2007-03-08 22:20:26

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> just post it here, so that either someone interested in mentoring pops up, or
> (and ?) we will be able to comment and help you improve your proposal.

Okay, well basically my idea is to add basic music notation capabilities
to koffice. I often could have used a decent office suite with good
integration to a music notation program like. I realize it would
probably not be feasible to write a full-fledged music notation program
in the time frame of the SoC, but for example play-back capabilities
would not make much sense in an office suite, so I'd focus primary on
the simple note editing side of things. I guess there would be much
overlap between KWord and this music notation program, which would
hopefully reduce the necessary code quite a bit, and thus make it
feasible to have at least basic music notation capabilities in kword
(perhaps all that would be needed to make this work is write some custom
flake?). Perhaps I could also borrow some code from NoteEdit/Canorus or
even from Rosegarden.

So what do you think, would this make an interesting gSoC project?

Marijn